Monday, May 10, 2010

Where there's smoke...there's bacon!

Those who know me will know that the truth is that I love food, but rarely cook. I like thinking about cooking, buying cookware, Tupperware, cookbooks, watching cooking shows, encouraging others to cook, but when it comes to actually cooking…..well you get the picture. And with mum and Mr P both being fabulous cooks, I have been able to get away with being lazy in the kitchen but have still enjoyed the very best of home cooked meals.

But this weekend was going to be different. It started on Saturday morning when I actually cooked an omelette. Actually a 2 egg omelette with bacon, fresh garden chives and cheese. I don’t know if was beginners luck but it was a pretty good one too! A little brown on the outside but not a burnt brown, but a lovely almost caramelized brown. Thanks new little scanpan! Mr P was suitably impressed and cooked us up some choice bacon to go with it. Unfortunately the serenity of brekky on the deck was ruined by the smoke alarm wailing inside (Mr P was frantically trying to turn it off while I sat there, oblivious, wondering who the annoying truck driver was who had left his reverse alarm on in the street…lol…I hope I would recognize the smoke alarm a little sooner if it woke me up in the middle of the night).

2 comments:

  1. Yummo....weewaa weewaa..I thought it was your neighbours lol!

    ReplyDelete